Please use the following links to find lodging, food, and other activities in the area.
2012 Fee Free Days
- January 14-16, 2012 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday)
- April 21-29, 2012 (National Park Week)
- June 9, 2012 (Get Outdoors Day)
- September 29, 2012 (National Public Lands Day)
- November 10-12, 2012 (Veterans Day)
More information is available at www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm.
Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees.
Other fees such as reservation, camping, tour, concession, and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.
Entrance Fees Park Entrance Pass – $10.00 per private vehicle Valid for 7 days from date of issue. For entry into all areas of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Annual Park Entrance Pass – $20.00 Valid for 12 months from month of issue. For entry into all areas of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. When purchased at an Automated Pay Station, please exchange the receipt for the Annual Park Pass card at any staffed fee collection station. Per Person Fee – $5.00 per person Valid for 7 days from date of issue. For individuals 16 years of age or older who enter the park by foot, bicycle, motorcycle (per rider), or as part of an organized group (each member) not involved in a commercial tour. For entry into all areas of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. PLEASE NOTE – FAILURE TO OBTAIN A PARK PASS MAY RESULT IN A FINE.
Where Can I Purchase a Pass? at any of the following locations:
- Philip A. Hart Visitor Center, Empire, MI – Year-round
- Platte River Campground Office – March to November
- Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive Entrance Station – April to November
- Dune Climb Entrance Station – May to October
- D. H. Day Campground Office – May to October
- Leland Boat Dock during the summer 8:30-10:00 AM
- North Bar Lake Self-Pay Fee Canister – April to November
- Esch Beach Self-Pay Fee Canister – April to November
- Peterson Beach Self-Pay Fee Canister – April to November
- 669 Beach Self-Pay Fee Canister – April to November
- 651 Beach Self-Pay Fee Canister – April to November
- Maritime Museum Self-Pay Fee Canister – April to November
Automated Pay Stations are available to purchase Lakeshore Passes after hours in the following places:
Platte River Point – Year-roundFor more information on park fees. Please click here.